Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Seeing as this is my first blog, and that sometimes I really don't care what people have to say about me, I'm actually somewhat surprised at how nervous I am. (I hope I sound smart. I hope I don't use a word in the wrong context. I hope I say intellegent things.) As I write this, my darling little boy, Owen, is asleep next to me on the couch. His feet are propped up on my side and he's snoring just the tiniest bit. I'm so happy that he is sleeping. The past few nights have been rough. He'll either fall asleep and be up all night, or he'll have the hardest time getting to sleep, but then sleep soundly. Both of the scenarios keep me up endless hours. Owen is still co-sleeping with us, so if he's up, the whole family is up. Co-sleeping has actually been a blessing to our family. Since I'm still nursing Owen, it's so easy just to roll over and nurse him and we can both fall back asleep. And, I sleep so much better knowing he's right next to me. One may be surprised at the amount of comments (positive and negative) when I share that we're co-sleeping and STILL nursing. People either look at us like we have completely lost our minds and that we're ruining our child (ha!) or they say we're doing a great job, but they could never do it. Either way, I love our arrangement!
I'm actually worried this blog is getting to be too long...or too boring. Hmm. With that, I'll end. Owen is starting to roll around, so I'll see if he can get a few more minutes of sleep...and me a few more minutes of peace before sounds of little feet chasing our cat fill the house. Until later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, AJ. Thought I was your BFF, though.

Apollonia

t said...

great, blog! you published your first post the same week as i did, and your aprehensions and hesitations were identical to mine. so glad you decided to do it. i can tell you'll have alot to offer.

i noticed megan's comment - i'm happy you guys are connected.