Monday, September 22, 2008

My 29th Birthday

Well, I am now 29. One year until I hit the big 3-0. Mom says that 30 is the new 20, so looks like I'm now 19. (Love all this math just for a birthday.) Things feel like they are finally coming to a resting point in my life, though. I feel like for the past 2 years, my life has been in a sort of chaotic state, and things have been out of whack. It took us over a year to get pregnant with Owen. Through rounds of fertility drugs and charting and temperature taking. Then, my pregnancy was just a joy (haha). I was all-day sick the first 4 or so months. Then, by the time I finally got used to being fat and happy, I had Owen early. He had colic the first 4 months of his life, and just when he was settling down, I had to go back to work. I got a temporary promotion at work, and that was difficult for me. New department, new manager, new coworkers. I'm now back in my permanent position, Owen is thriving and doing great, and my marriage is getting stronger. We hit a rocky period, and after marriage counseling on my end (I'm actually still going), turns out I have issues. But, then again, who DOESN'T have issues?! From all of this, I'm learning and growing and becoming a better wife. It's my goal to be a better wife, a better mother. It's also my goal to make my last year in my 20's my BEST one yet. I'm more secure with myself and who I am and what I want.
Well, off to do some work this morning. My lovely coworkers have brought in pastries and cupcakes and flowers for me. Yep, my best year yet.

No comments: