Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2009

Okay, so...wow, where to begin? January is almost over, and I realize I haven't even posted anything since November. How life gets in the way! All seems to be going well on our end. Owen had his 18 month check up (at 21 months old), with a new pediatrician last Friday. She is wonderful, very supportive of our choice not to vaccinate AND to continue breastfeeding. Yeah! So, looks like he's just tiny for his age, but she isn't worried at all. At 21 months, he is 20 pounds (although mom's scale says 23) and is just a little over 30 inches tall. He's still in 12-18 month clothing, but is just the cutest thing ever in overalls. She said he's advanced in verbal (obviously he's a child genius), and that he seems to be doing well. Yeah!
For New Year's, we flew to Georgia and spent that time with Sean's dad and step mom and his two WONDERFUL amazing step sisters. I had an amazingly amazing time, and am sad that we're back home. Although, MJ is planning to spend her spring break from college with us, so I'm really excited.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching, spending time alone in thought, and really digging down deep, I've come to realize what some of the issues have been with my marriage, and with me trying so desperately hard to make it perfect, normal and pleasing to everyone else. Sorry to be a downer, but I'm not quite ready to reveal what this is, but everyone will know eventually. I'm still trying to work through this, and don't want to say anything prematurely.

On a happy, fun, great note, my sister Taylor, is due May 5 with a baby girl. So now, she'll have a boy AND a girl. It's time for a girl in the family, seeing that Owen was born in April of 2007, Bennett was born in August of 2007, and now, looks like Baby Girl will be born May 2009. Yeah for babies! I'm through with having kids, but so excited I get to spoil this new little girl.

I'll try to keep up with this blog more often. Work, life, family all gets in the way....ugh!
Happy 2009!

No comments: